6/17/2015 - Technical Update

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

6/17/2015 - Technical Update

Postby Zayin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Hey everyone - we just finished a large back-end update to Eldemore. It is not an update that you will likely take much notice of, but to us it is a very important one. Here are some of the things that are now different:

First off, the image links for pets have changed. The old ones will still work for now though.

You may notice that the codex looks a bit different, with the first stages no longer being grouped together. This was left out of the new update because it would be a lot of extra work for such a small, cosmetic feature. Until now, the codex was manually updated with every release, and that grouping was done manually pet by pet, so you can see how that could introduce a lot of human error and extra work on my part.

Another thing is that every night at midnight, we will have an automatic rollover. The site will go down for a couple of minutes to do some automatic maintenance, and be back up pretty quickly.

And most notably, the pets will now always grow at midnight. So regardless of what time the pets were adopted, all that matters for growing is the day. So if I adopt a pet on June 1st at 3 pm, and if it's supposed to grow on day 15 (which would be June 16), then it would grow at midnight, Eastern time on June 16th, instead of growing on June 16th at 3 pm, when it officially hits its 15 day mark. We felt this was a simpler approach for both the users and the system, as all pets will grow at the same time. Also, codex entries show up when the pets are finished growing. It makes no sense to have the codex entries update at midnight when a ton of people's pets aren't going to grow until later.

This update was essentially just a revamping of a fundamental portion of Eldemore's code to make updates a lot easier to do. I would liken it to digging under a house with a slab and building a foundation, hence why it took so long to get up. A lot has changed in how pets are stored and managed in the system, but you all aren't likely to notice more than the things I listed.

If you find any bugs, please post about it in the Report Technocal Glitches forum, and I will look into it as soon as I can.

All that said, more updates will be coming soon! Sorry for the downtime, and thanks everyone for your support!

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Re: 6/17/2015 - Technical Update

Postby Foxe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Awesome, thanks for this! It looks awesome, guys!
Just your average gay, two spirit, native american person. I'm Foxe on FR.
Collector of expensive dragons. A few of my best (a mix of old + first gen dragons) are shown below.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Foxe

Postby Mira » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Awesome updates!!
If I may allowed to ask, will the codex look like normal in the future or will you leave the code like it is now? ^^

Mira

Postby Kream. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:14 am

Much appreciated, thank you very much ^^;
╔══════════════╗
Hey there! I'm Kream.
I love to talk and trade, so send
me a PM/trade whenever! PS: I
love Sherlock! PM me if you
want to fangirl ☻ ily ♥
Ultra Collection completed 8/26/14

╚══════════════╝
Eld FR link
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
signature by.boot
Kream.

Postby mossfire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 am

I will be a big fan of the pets-grow-at-middnight part.
Thank you very much for your work and the updates! (:
mossfire

Postby Tekla » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:30 am

Zayin wrote:Also, codex entries show up when the pets are finished growing. It makes no sense to have the codex entries update at midnight when a ton of people's pets aren't going to grow until later.

I'm confused by this, what exactly does this mean? I thought the codex already updated once all the outcomes for a pet species grew up. D:

I really like everything growing at midnight though! It's nice not to have to be up until 1+AM to see mine grow. ;;
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby KisaWolfz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:53 am

I personally like how the new Codex looks and works!
Having each outcome show the pets they grew from it, Idk ^^
I also like the 'Every pet grows at midnight'. I always worried about adopting late and adopting on time so I could watch them grow on the correct day and time and such.
So that feature Ill like the most (:

Awesome work!
Last edited by KisaWolfz on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KisaWolfz

Postby Startedraining » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:00 am

thanks Zayin!
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 am

Great new feature for late adopters!
Trading this and more for cs! Quitting major part of eldemore, dont want all these pets anymore!
DaDwarf

Postby Uspar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 am

Love the every pet grows at midnight part. That's going to be some kind of awesome <3
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Next

Return to Announcements